Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Day 2- Letting Others In
Another major problem I have is allowing others to be there for me and letting them know things about me. I never talk about my personal problems and hardly ever show when things are wrong. However, I have become friends with someone new that is very open about her personal life when speaking to me. She always confides in me and she has really made me see how beneficial it is to let others in. Since becoming friends with her, I have opened up to her more and more. Today, something happened that will cause a major rift in my family. Being from a family of divorced parents, I have often been stuck in the middle of their problems. always forced to be the one to play the messenger. This has built up inside over the last 4 or 5 years, I cannot handle it anymore. I didn't know what to do and therefore I went to two of my best friends. Although I have only known them for a short time, B & R for about 2 months, I have really grown close to both of them. I was able to talk to the two of them about it and really come to a resolution on how I should handle the situation ahead of me. I realized that I can't just forget about things. I need to be able to talk to people. I am glad to see that I am not alone and that I have such great friends that are always there for me. The things you realize when you try something new!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment